When you read the questions, please make sure you understand their meaning and are ready to discuss them on Wednesday.
His and Her Diary from the Same Day
Tonight, I thought my husband was acting weird. We had made plans to meet at a nice restaurant for dinner. I was shopping with my friends all day long, so I thought he was upset at the fact that I was a bit late, but he made no comment on it. Conversation wasn't flowing, so I suggested that we go somewhere quiet so we could talk. He agreed, but he didn't say much. I asked him what was wrong; He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset. He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it. On the way home, I told him that I loved him. He smiled slightly, and kept driving. I can't explain his behavior I don't know why he didn't say, 'I love you, too.' When we got home, I felt as if I had lost him completely, as if he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He just sat there quietly, and watched TV. He continued to seem distant and absent. Finally, with silence all around us, I decided to go to bed. About 15 minutes later, he came to bed. But I still felt that he was distracted, and his thoughts were somewhere else. He fell asleep - I cried. I don't know what to do. I'm almost sure that his thoughts are with someone else. My life is a disaster.
Motorcycle won’t start…can't figure out why.
1. Do you think this was posted by a man or a woman? Why? What point do you think that he or she was trying to make?
2. Who do you sympathize with most, him or her?
3. Have you had similar misunderstandings with your significant other?
4. Why are men and women so different?
5. Is it possible for a men and women to really understand how the other thinks?
6. Would you like to be able to think like a member of the opposite sex? Might there be any advantages in being able to do so?
7. What does your significant other do that really infuriates you? What are the most frustrating habits that men/women have?
8. Do you have any advice on how to understand and get along with the opposite sex better?
9. Imagine you could switch gender for one day? Would you like to try it? What would you do? What would you like to find out?
The following are some selected comments about the article posted by internet users on the social media site Imgur. Discuss. Which do you agree with?
“Not sure if women are too complicated, or men are too simple.”
“The problem is that women try to analyze men as if they're women. And yes, men are actually able to think about nothing. Literally.”
“Women do this all the time...”
“Men are simple. They're the same sort of simple every day. Women are crazy. But they're a different sort of crazy every day.”
“Am I the only one asking themselves what guy keeps a diary?”
‘As a woman, I laughed because it's true.. Why can't we seem to stop this madness?”
“Ladies, when a man says there is nothing wrong, he means THERE IS NOTHING WRONG.”
“Would it really have been that hard for him to tell her that his motorcycle wouldn't start and it's frustrating him? Geezus.”
“Women want an ear, men want a solution.”
“Estrogen is a hell of a drug!’
“Women watch too many Drama programmes”