Please watch this video by clicking on the link below. It is about over pronouncing words from other languages that have become part of the English language.
1) Do you think that borrowed words should be pronounced with their original pronunciation (accent)?
2) Do you think that imitating others accents is racist or disrespectful?
3) Do you have any friends who have done or who do embarrassing things out in public?
4) Do you have a story about seeing someone get embarrassed in public, at a party, etc?
5) What would you do if you were in the same situation as the people in the video?
Tuesday, 14 July 2015
Sorry for the delay, folks. I think this should be working now. Today the topic is simple, but I'd really like you to think about it before class. There are only two questions.
Do you think talent or hard-work are more important?
Should schools offer cash bonuses for good grades?
See you in class!
Sunday, 5 July 2015
Below, there is a link to a video. Please watch it and make sure you can understand the general meaning. Also, please look at the questions below the link and practice answering them. There is no need to write down your opinions, but if you want to, that is okay.
When you play this video, please turn on the Japanese or Korean subtitles. If you look to the bottom right of the screen, you will find ‘subtitles’ and then a list of languages.
Please go to
and watch the video
David GalloUnderwater astonishments
Why do you think that we have not discovered more of the ocean?
Humans put a lot of pollution into the ocean (even big cruise ships do this). Why do you think humans do not want to protect more of the ocean?
Did you like this video?
What was your favourite animal?
Do you think humans will ever learn to do the things that these animals can do? Would it be useful?
See you in class!