Please watch this interesting video before class. Remember you can pause it to read what is on the screen. There is no speaking in the video. Make sure to look up any words that you don't know. Also, consider the questions below before class.
See you in class!
• What will the future be like?
• What is AI?
• Would you like any of the ‘skills’ seen in the video?
• Which human modification do you think is the scariest? The most useful? The most interesting?
• What is the definition of a 'robot'?
• What is robotics?
• Can robots tie shoes?
• Will robots replace humans?
• Will robots take our jobs?
• How will the development of robots that think change your future?
• Imagine the job you wish to hold when you get older - could a robot be programmed to do that job as well as you?
• Do you think we create a new problem with each invention?
Think of examples.
• How old will people live to be in the future?
• Is it possible to know the future?
• Do you think the future will be better or worse for your
grandchildren? In what ways?