Saturday 31 May 2014

Wed, June 4 2014 Class discussion!!


Many parents have habits that they do not want their children to have. For example, many parents really love chocolate, smoke, or drink. Also, many parents dislike things that they want their children to like. For example, parents hate tomatoes, peas, apples, or oatmeal.

My questions are this:

Is it better for parents to be open and honest about their bad habits and dislikes, or should they lie to their children (hide the chocolate, eat the tomatoes when infront of their children, etc).

Do you think that the lies will be discovered at some time and hurt the children (mistrust, etc), or do you think that these lies are harmless?

Did your parents lie to you? How do you know and what did you do when you found out?

Would you lie to your children?


Are these kinds of lies different from others?

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    My opinion is
    ・I think that parents should lie.
    ・I think that these lie are harmless.
    ・I think my parents doesn't lie or I don't find yet.
    ・I would lie my children.
    ・Yes, I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I think parents should avoid telling a lie.
    2) It depends on a lie. A white lie is okay, but in the lie case, children sometimes would be disappointed.
    3) They lied about their age, eating my snacks and Santa Claus. These lies were easy to discovered. I was sometimes disappointed.
    4) I think I would tell total, plapable or white lies.
    5) There are many kind of lies.

    Chisato

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I think the parents need to tell a lie to children from time to time.

    2) I think these lies would not turn into a lie.

    3) I didn't notice, although possibly, the lie was told by my parents.

    4) If it's a good lie, I would be telling a lie.

    5) I think completely different.
    Such these lies are a lie which considers for a child, or there are many lies which are not good.

    ReplyDelete